18-year-old facing murder charge in Strip hotel room shooting

by Jessica

An 18-year-old woman is now facing a murder charge in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred at the Luxor in June. Emma Kusak, who was 17 years old at the time of her arrest on June 29, stands accused of shooting and killing 36-year-old Charles Satrustegui from Glendale, California.

According to the Metropolitan Police Department’s arrest report released recently, Kusak confessed to police that she had met up with Satrustegui the day before the shooting. However, their meeting took a dark turn as Kusak allegedly robbed him at gunpoint when he attempted to remove her from his hotel room.

During a police interview, Kusak claimed that she shot Satrustegui in self-defense when he lunged for the gun. Following the incident, she surrendered herself to the authorities on the morning of June 29.

Initially, Kusak was held at the Juvenile Detention Center, but later she was transferred to the Clark County Detention Center on Wednesday, as per jail records.

Kusak appeared in court on Thursday morning for an initial appearance, presided over by Justice of the Peace Rebecca Saxe. However, arguments regarding Kusak’s bail were not addressed during the hearing, and another court session has been scheduled for Tuesday to address the case further. The charges against Kusak include one count of murder with a deadly weapon.

According to the arrest report, Kusak told law enforcement that she had become acquainted with Satrustegui through the dating app Bumble. On June 28, while he was in town, he invited her to hang out, and they ended up in his hotel room at the Luxor. During this encounter, Kusak claimed that Satrustegui revealed his handgun to her.

The situation escalated when Satrustegui asked Kusak to leave the hotel room in the early hours of June 29. At first, Kusak stated that the shooting occurred because she believed he was going to attack her during an argument. However, later she confessed that in desperation, she decided to rob him when he tried to kick her out. Tragically, during the robbery, she shot Satrustegui as he reached for the gun.

According to the arrest report, Satrustegui was found dead in the hotel room, with two gunshot wounds to his head. As of the latest update, Kusak remains in the Clark County Detention Center without bail. The case is still unfolding, and further legal proceedings will continue to determine her fate.

Related Posts